Saturday, February 26, 2011

2011 Thus Far

Because I don't already have enough to do, and because of exceeding peer pressure from friends, I have created a blog dedicated to birds and other stuff.

I've been working for Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory in Southeast Arizona since early January. I get paid to go count grassland birds. Before the job started, I graced the Salton Sea with my presence. 3 targets were all destroyed including the infamous Bean Goose, Pacific Golden Plover and Glaucous-winged Gull. A great way to start 2011. Here are some terrible pictures for you to enjoy.

Bean Goose (left) and Greater White-fronted Goose (right). Notice how much more awesome the Bean Goose is than the White-fronted.
This Pacific Golden Plover was too easy
Here is a not-so-ruddy Ruddy Ground Dove from the Gilbert Water Ranch.

On days off I have traveled around the state chasing year birds since I have nothing else to do. My current list stands at 200 with some nifty birds including Williamson's Sapsucker, Least Grebe, Palm Warbler, Sedge Wren, among the others. Look at how badass Williamson's Sapsuckers are.

Williamson's Sapsuckers are better than all other sapsuckers. It's a fact. 

I have also purchased a new camera lens (Nikon 300mm f4 AF ED), which will improve my picture quality greatly. Aren't you excited?

Tune in next time for some more pictures and ramblings and whatever else I feel like putting on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment