Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cribs, Healy Style

Per request, I'm uploading a few photos of what the boat looks like. I've included photos of my room and the science lounge where I'm spending about 80% of my time right now. Later on in the cruise, I'll add photos of the bridge where I work and maybe the cafeteria.
My desk, all neat and clean. It is cleaning day today, otherwise it might look like a disaster.
Sleeping on the lower bunk. I prefer to sleep in my sleeping bag.
What the typical hallways look like, with rooms on the right hand side.
The science lounge, where all the fun happens!
The TV in the science lounge where we can actually watch live sports games (mostly football).
So there you have it, this is where I've been spending the majority of my time since I can't survey right now, and probably won't be able to survey for at least a week.

Also thought I would plop down a few pictures from the last few days of surveys, even though they are horrible.
I know what you are thinking, "HOLY CRAP A YETI!". Nope, its a Polar Bear, quite a ways out. Don't worry, I thought Yeti at first, too.
I just can't take a decent picture though the glass on the boat, but you should be able to tell this is an Ivory Gull.
I'm finally getting around to updating my website with butterfly pictures, but they won't be up until I'm back on land. Hopefully it keeps me occupied enough until we head south.

No comments:

Post a Comment