Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Goose Chronicles

Got some news back from the bird banding lab tonight. Turns out the goose pair (441 and 443) were both banded as adults in Lansing, Michigan in on 6/26/2002. The banding lab gives Lat and Longitude coordinates, but does not give an exact banding location. Doing a little Dexter work, I was able to pinpoint the location on Google Earth, making the geese banded behind the Allsafe Storage unit north of Willow Road.

Still waiting to hear about the goose that was banded in 1997. I can tell you are all waiting on pins and needles!

Went out to Lake Lansing this afternoon with the father. A decent diversity of ducks including Redhead, Canvasback, Greater Scaup, Hooded Merganser, Red-breasted Merganser, Gadwall, Mallard, American Wigeon, Horned Grebe and... drum roll... a pair of COMMON LOONS! Nice to get another year bird, I assume I'll see plenty of those soon enough. I'm sure I forgot some foul as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment