Thursday, May 26, 2011

Just More Bird Pics

We are hastily approaching nesting season here on the North Slope. Semipalmated Sandpipers have been observed bumping and grinding while other species are busy courting. Haven't found any nests yet, but I'm guessing they will be popping up soon. The river finally broke up so hopefully a nice flock of ducks and loons pass by soon.

I was able to snap some more pics of the common camp birds. This Ruddy Turnstone has frequented the pond outside our weatherport and appears to have a mate.
This Rock Ptarmigan is still very white. With the snow rapidly melting he won't be able to hide much longer.
This Long-tailed Jaeger provided a great opportunity to fire a few more clicks.
Shorebirds don't like these guys, but I do.
It has been very busy around here, and will only get busier. I will be sure to take some pictures soon of how camp looks and where I'm living. Hard to believe it has only been a little over a week that I've been here and still have over 2 months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment