Saturday, May 14, 2011

'Round Town

I took the costal bike trail around town today from Westchester Lagoon to Kincade Park. From the house I am staying at, it is about a 26 mile round trip. I expected at least one year bird... nope.

Did manage to catch two yellowlegs in the act. They were doing it right out in the open for everyone to see.
King of the mountain!
Some of the geese here in Alaska are pretty small, somewhat Cackling looking. This one, however, fit the "bill" for full blown Cackling Goose.
And, although this Hudsonian Godwit was quite a distance out, I had to snap a pic for my "birds photographed' list. It is pretty much useless otherwise.
Great light, if only it was closer.

Can't wait to get to the slope, except for the cold, windy, snow conditions we will have for a while. Who needs summer anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment